Soy: Risky or Rewarding?


Soyfoods are growing in popularity throughout North America, particularly due to the rise in awareness of lactose intolerance, allergies, and chronic disease prevention.  In fact, the United Soybean Board estimates that 25% of the US population consumes soy foods or beverages at least once per week, and 74% of Americans view soy products as healthy.  However, the other 26% seem to be concerned about rumors of soy risks.  Are these risks a reality?  Julia R. Barrett has published a very informative article on this topic entitled "The Science of Soy: What Do We Really Know?"  Check it out!

About Author

Alisa is the founder of, Food Editor for Allergic Living magazine, and author of the best-selling dairy-free book, Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living, and the new cookbook, Eat Dairy Free: Your Essential Cookbook for Everyday Meals, Snacks, and Sweets. Alisa is also a professional recipe creator and product ambassador for the natural food industry.

Leave A Reply