Banza, the popular maker of chickpea pastas and pizzas, has launched their first vegan pizza. Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza is made with their classic dairy-free and gluten-free chickpea crust, layered with a San Marzano tomato sauce infused with caramelized onion and roasted garlic, and sprinkled with melty Follow Your Heart mozzarella.
Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza is Easy-Chickpeasy for Dinner
Use caution when buying Banza Plant-Based Pizza at the store. Their plain un-topped crust and their Plant-Based Cheese are dairy-free. But their other pizzas are made with dairy cheese, including the one topped with Beyond Meat. Once you buy and try the plant-based variety, be sure to leave your rating and review below!
Ingredients: crust: chickpeas, water, tapioca, cocoa butter, olive oil, less than 2% of: yeast, oregano, garlic powder, salt, date powder, sunflower lecithin, xanthan gum, baking powder (calcium carbonate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate). toppings: follow your heart dairy-free mozzarella shreds (filtered water, organic coconut oil, potato and corn starch, expeller-pressed canola oil, less than 2% of: potato protein, sea salt, calcium phosphate, vegetable glycerin, cellulose, lactic acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium bicarbonate, natural flavors, beta carotene for color), nutritional yeast (dried yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin b6), thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin b1), riboflavin (vitamin b2), folic acid, cyanocobalamin (vitamin b12)), oregano, basil. sauce: tomatoes, date powder, roasted garlic, salt, caramelized onion, garlic powder, basil, basil extract, oregano.
Nutrition (per 1/2 pizza): 410 calories, 19g fat, 56g carbs, 6g fiber, 2g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 10g protein. contains the following RDA percentages: 22% calcium, 10% vitamin D, 17% iron, 12% potassium.*
More Facts on Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza
- Price: $7.99 peer 11.7-ounce pizza
- Availability: Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza is sold at retailers where Banza pizzas are sold, like Target and Kroger family of stores. You can also buy it online, direct from the company’s website below (they ship throughout the U.S.).
- Certifications: Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza is Certified Gluten-Free and Non-GMO Verified.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Banza Plant-Based Frozen Pizza is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Banza website www.eatbanza.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. All food products are at some degree of risk for allergen cross-contamination. Only you can assess what is safe for your needs.