Salad kits are one of those forgotten conveniences for dairy-free consumers. Aside from a token Asian variety in some grocery stores, salad kits are typically loaded with cheese, creamy dairy dressing, or other milk-containing add-ins. But one traditional produce company is changing that with their latest releases. All three of the new regionally-inspired Dole salad kits are dairy free!
Global Dairy-Free Flavors are Trending with New Dole Salad Kits
We have full ingredients and nutrition facts for the three new Chopped varieties of Dole salad kits, followed by a list of the other dairy-free salad kit options. Be sure to leave your rating and review once you try them!
Chopped Double Dill
This fresh salad is made with green leaf lettuce, kale, green and red cabbage, green onions, dill pickle-flavored fried cucumbers and creamy dill dressing.
Ingredients: vegetables: green cabbage, green leaf lettuce, carrots, kale, red cabbage, green onions. dressing: water, soybean oil, distilled vinegar, cucumber juice, sugar, contains less than 2% of salt, egg yolks, corn starch, mustard seed, xanthan gum, dehydrated garlic, spices, dehydrated onion, gum acacia, dehydrated parsley, turmeric, tartaric acid, citric acid. pickle flavored fried cucumbers: cucumbers, enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), vegetable oil (sunflower, safflower and/or canola oil), seasoning (sugar, maltodextrin, salt, garlic powder, white distilled vinegar, citric acid, natural flavors). contains: wheat, egg.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 110 calories, 8g fat, 9g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g sugars (includes 1g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Chopped Maple Pecan (vegan)
For sweet with savory fans, this salad is made with iceberg and green leaf lettuce, carrots, candied maple pecans, crumbled garlic croutons, and maple vinaigrette.
Ingredients: vegetables: green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, carrots. dressing: water, soybean and/or canola oil, sugar, red wine vinegar, natural flavors, maple syrup, garlic, contains less than 2% of: molasses, salt, spices, xanthan gum. maple pecans: pecans, sugar, maple syrup, natural flavor, salt. croutons: enriched wheat flour (enriched with niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), canola oil, sugar, salt, yeast, dehydrated garlic, maltodextrin, roasted dehydrated garlic, natural flavor. contains: wheat, tree nuts (pecans).
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 100 calories, 7g fat, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 8g sugars (includes 5g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Chopped Tropical Thai
Take a break from the ordinary “Asian” salad for this mix of iceberg and green leaf lettuce, carrots, coconut chips, dried mango, cashews, and Thai chili dressing.
Ingredients: vegetables: iceberg lettuce, green leaf lettuce, carrots. dressing: thai chili sauce (sugar, water, maltodextrin, rice vinegar, chili peppers, dehydrated garlic, salt, contains less than 2% of pineapple juice concentrate, xanthan gum, onion powder, corn starch), water, inverted sugar, rice vinegar, soybean oil and/or canola oil, honey, sesame oil, lime juice concentrate, xanthan gum. cashews. toasted coconut: coconut, sugar, salt. dried mango. contains: sesame, tree nuts (cashews).
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 130 calories, 7g fat, 17g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g sugars (includes 7g added sugars), 2g protein.*
Other Dairy-Free Dole Salad Kits
- Classic Creamy Coleslaw – shredded green and red cabbage, shredded carrots, creamy coleslaw dressing (contains: eggs)
- Chopped Sesame Asian (vegan) – green leaf lettuce, kale, cabbage, sliced almonds, garlic wontons, carrots, green onions, toasted sesame ginger vinaigrette (contains: soy, wheat, tree nuts (almonds), sesame)
- Chopped Sunflower Crunch – green leaf lettuce, cabbage, kale, bacon, sunﬂower seeds, carrots, green onions, sweet onion and citrus dressing (contains: eggs, soy)
- Chopped Teriyaki Pineapple (vegan) – sliced almonds, crunchy noodles, dried pineapple, green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, teriyaki pineapple dressing. (contains: wheat, tree nuts (almonds), sesame, soy)
- Premium Spinach Miso Crunch – spinach, baby chard, carrots, wonton strips, almonds, cashews, Japanese miso dressing (contains: wheat, soy, egg, sesame, tree nuts (almond, cashew))
- Premium Sweet Kale – dried cranberries, pepitas, green cabbage, kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, radicchio, poppy seed dressing (contains: egg)
More Facts on Dole Salad Kits
- Price: $3.99 per salad kit
- Availability: Dole Salad Kits are sold refrigerated in the produce section at Kroger family of stores, Meijer, Giant, HEB, and various other grocers in the U.S.
- Certifications: We did not note any certifications on Dole Salad Kits.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, the Dole Salad Kits listed above are dairy-free / non-dairy. Select varieties are egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and / or vegan. Please note that soy is not listed as an allergen on many varieties because highly refined soy oil is not considered allergenic under the FDA’s allergen labeling laws. See the ingredient details above and on the packaging.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Dole website at /www.dole.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Love the convenience
I would say they serve 2 if you are building them into a meal, 3 for side salads. I tried them all, and they were each tasty, but the dill was our favorite. We liked the cabbage blend and the overall savory tones of the salad. The other two had great flavors though too.