As mentioned, Upfield is gradually transitioning all of their butter alternative brands to be dairy free and plant based. They recently reformulated I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray, and now they’re updating I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Baking Sticks. As 2023 takes hold, you should begin to see the dairy-free version of this versatile butter alternative in stores.
I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter Baking Sticks to Join Dairy-Free Alternatives
Unlike Smart Balance, who cut costs and fat with their latest reformulation, Upfield has kept the 79% oil level in their baking sticks. So you can expect the same richness and performance in the dairy-free formulation. In fact, it looks like the only recipe change was swapping vegan pea protein for the whey (milk protein). But be sure to verify the ingredients before purchasing. Some of the prior formula with milk might still be on the shelves as the product transitions. And please note that The Original Spread still contains dairy.
The Original (Baking Sticks, NOT the Spread)
Ingredients: soybean oil, palm oil, water, canola oil, palm kernel oil, salt, pea protein, soy lecithin, nautral flavor, vitamin a palmitate, citric acid, beta carotene (color). contains soy
Nutrition (1 tablespoon): 90 calories, 11g fat, 100mg sodium, 0g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
More Facts on I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Baking Sticks
- Price: $3.99 per 1-pound package
- Availability: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Baking Sticks are sold at Walmart, Kroger family of stores, and many conventional grocery stores.
- Certifications: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Baking Sticks are Certified Kosher D (for dairy equipment, not ingredients; see our Understanding Kosher Guide).
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Baking Sticks are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, and keto.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter website at www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.