Updated September 2022! Tofutti has been around a long time. They were churning out dairy-free cheeses long before people were even discussing allergies and veganism. As popularity and necessity of the dairy-free diet has grown, so have the options. But despite the increasing competition, Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices are still holding their place on many store shelves.
Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices are a Vegan American Tradition
These processed cheese-style slices used to come in two varieties, but they discontinued the mozzarella. However, the remaining American variety is great for cold, hot, or grilled sandwiches. But be sure to leave your own unbiased rating and review below.
Ingredients: water, may contain one or more of the following oils (soy, corn or palm), non-gmo (tofu, soy protein), maltodextrin, apple cider vinegar, corn starch, calcium phosphate, potato flakes, sea salt, potassium phosphate, non-dairy lactic acid, adipic acid, soy, and natural colors. Contains: soy.
Nutrition (per slice): 80 calories, 6g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 2g protein.*
More Facts on Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices
- Price: $3.99 per 8-ounce package (12 slices)
- Availability: Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices are sold at select Albertsons, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and other independent grocers in the U.S. Look for them in the refrigerated section with other dairy-free cheese alternatives.
- Certifications: Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices are Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Tofutti Dairy-Free Cheese Slices are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Tofutti website at tofutti.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Do not get
This have the familiar look and feel, and even the initial taste and bite… But it soon translates into a plasticky-playdoh experience.