It’s amazing how many vegan cream cheese alternatives are now available, but I’m always excited to see a new one emerge. Everyone has their favorite, and Vitalite Dairy-Free Cream Cheese substitute is sure to win some people over. It has a formula that’s very similar to Sheese, a popular U.K. brand. But this particular spread is bound for the U.S. and Canada.
Vitalite Dairy-Free Spread has Cream Cheese Style in the U.S.
Unlike Vitalite Dairy-free Shreds, Slices, and Crumbles, their cream cheese alternative is spreadable and made with a base of soy. Since it is a vastly different product from the rest of their cheese substitutes, we have isolated Vitalite’s dairy-free cream cheese style spread in this informational post. Please leave your unbiased rating and review below if you get the chance to buy and try it!
This product is technically labeled as a “plant-based creamy original spread,” not as a cream cheese alternative. But in the U.K., Vitalite Spread is a butter alternative. To avoid confusion, we refer to this product as a creamy cheese style spread.
Ingredients: water, coconut oil, soy protein concentrate, salt, sugar, calcium citrate, lactic acid, carrageenan, natural flavor. Contains: soy
Nutrition (per 1 ounce): 70 calories, 7g fat, 125mg sodium, 1g carbs, 2g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 2g protein.
More Facts on Vitalite Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Alternative
- Price: $4.29 per 9-ounce tub ($5.29 in Canada)
- Availability: Vitalite Dairy-Free Cream Cheese alternative is sold at Shaw’s, Albertsons / Safeway family of stores, Giant Eagle, Key Foods, ShopRite, Hannaford, Harris Teeter, and other retailers in the U.S. It is also available in Canada and the U.K.
- Certifications: Vitalite Dairy-Free Cream Cheese alternative is Certified Vegan and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Vitalite Dairy-Free Cream Cheese alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, sugar-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Vitalite website at www.vitalite.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.