Despite the greenish hue of butter beans and the tan color of oats, the end result of Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream is surprisingly white spread. And it does somewhat resemble dairy sour cream. When we tried it years ago, it wasn’t quite as smooth as dairy sour cream from the tub. But once whipped or blended it took on a more creamy, spoonable consistency. Wayfare has come out with new packaging, but their formula is the same. See the image next to the ingredients below for their current look.
Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream has Bean Around for a While
Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream emerged around a decade ago, but they have tweaked the recipe a bit since it’s inception. Nonetheless, it has always been made from their butter bean-oat base with top allergen-free and carrageenan-free ingredients.
Ingredients: wayfare dairy free base (water, butter beans, oats), coconut oil, natural flavor, gum arabic, konjac root powder, calcium citrate, sea salt, lactic acid, citric acid.*
Nutrition (per 2 tablespoon serving): 40 calories, 3.5g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, 0g sugars, 0g protein.*
The Facts on Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream
- Price: $5.99 per 12-ounce tub
- Availability: Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream is available to purchase direct from the company’s website below. It’s also sold in select natural food stores in the U.S., but it can be hard to find!
- Certifications: Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream is Certified Kosher Parve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Nonetheless, check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
- For More Product Information: Visit the Wayfare Foods website at www.wayfarefoods.com.
Not on its own
It’s not bad for a substitute. I might use it in baking, but not straight as a topping.
Wayfare Dairy Free Sour Cream is the Best!
I think this tastes better than dairy sour cream!
Non-dairy Sour Cream.
My husband and I were so excited to discover this product. It helps my skin which I believe is due to the Konjac Root ingredient. The texture is nice and the flavor is very good.
Unfortunately, after days of empty shelves at the health food store, this product came back with a small difference in its texture and the flavor is not as good as it was before. Either you changed the recipe or something went wrong with production. Even though the price is still the same, the new container is much smaller.
This sour cream is sooo good. I love it on tacos, potatoes, you name it. I can’t believe how they nailed it. So happy! Don’t try any other vegan sour cream, just run & get this.
Best vegan dairy substitute I have ever tried
I honestly couldn’t believe how delicious this was or that it contained NO nuts, eggs, soy or palm oil. It is so smooth & creamy and no one would suspect it was vegan. FINALLY a replacement for SOUR CREAM. They also make a bowl of vegan NACHO CHEESE!!