With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, I thought it would be nice to share a couple of special, easy-to-prepare meals. You know, the kind that make it look like you slaved all day for your loved one, but were actually beginner-friendly. These air fryer pork chops are one of those dishes.
The pecans and seasoning elevate the presentation and flavor, but this recipe is so simple to make, that it might make it into your weeknight rotation. It’s also a kid-friendly dish (for making and eating!), and is suitable for dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and even paleo diets. It also might fit in well for keto needs.
Pecan-Crusted Air Fryer Pork Chops make Dairy-Free & Gluten-Free Easy
If you like to meal prep, you have a few options with this air fryer pork chops recipe. You can prepare the pork chops ahead, coating and all, and refrigerate them in an airtight container a day ahead (as long as the pork is fresh). Or you can individually flash freeze them to cook at a later date.
Another fresh option is to pre-trim the pork chops and prepare the pecan coating in advance. This will shave a little time off when your ready to cook. You can refrigerate the pecan coating in an airtight container until ready to use. You can even make a bigger batch to have on hand. It will keep well in the refrigerator for several months.
Kids Can Cook Tips
We love recipes like this for enlisting young helpers. They can stir the pecan mixture together and whisk the egg mixture together. Older kids who understand proper meat handling and have experience with the air fryer can make the whole dish!
This air-fryer pork chops recipe with photo was shared with us by AmericanPecan.com.
Special Diet Notes: Pecan-Crusted Air Fryer Pork Chops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly. It could also fit into a keto diet.
For egg-free air fryer pork chops, substitute 3 tablespoons aquafaba for the egg.
For nut-free, you can substitute panko or pretzels (gluten-free, if needed) for the pecans.
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optionally chopped into finer pieces)
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch (can sub cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus additional, to taste
- 1 large egg (see Egg-Free option above)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium boneless pork chops, trimmed of fat
- Heat your air fryer to 400°F.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the pecans, starch, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk the egg, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, water, and garlic until combined.
- Dip a pork chop in the egg mixture to coat, then transfer it to the pecan mixture and turn to evenly coat. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Place three pork chops in your air fryer basket. Cook for 6 minutes, flip, then cook for 6 more minutes, or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Serve hot with Dijon mustard, if desired.