This reminds me a lot of my basic pizza dough recipe … and most others! The formula is simple and time-tested, and the results are delicious. This particular version is from Vegan Junk Food, by Lane Gold, and is used to make her Pizza Dough Garlic Rolls Recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Basic Pizza Dough
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup warm water*
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix water and yeast.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt, make a well in the center, and pour in water-yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Mix with a wooden spoon or dough hook in a mixer until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead 5 minutes. Transfer to a greased medium bowl and let dough rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- Divide dough into number of pizzas desired. Place dough on a floured surface and roll dough out to desired size or shape by hand. Place dough on a baking sheet liberally coated with cornmeal or on a pizza pan.
- Add desired toppings and bake at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Excerpted from Vegan Junk Food, Expanded Edition: 200+ Vegan Recipes for the Foods You Crave―Minus the Ingredients You Don't by Lane Gold Copyright © 2018 Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved. Photographs by James Stefiuk.