Is there anything better than grilled vegetables in summer? Why yes, there is. Grilled vegetables topped with a creamy, dairy-free cashew ranch dressing of course!
This recipe was created by Dawn Jackson Blatner, star of ABC’s “My Diet Is Better Than Yours,” author of Superfood Swap, and a registered dietitian and nutrition consultant for the Chicago Cubs. Dawn knows that dairy isn’t required to make amazing healthy salad toppings. She even makes her salad dressing free of mayonnaise!
This grilled veggie bowl recipe with photo was shared with us by Mizkan.com.
Special Diet Notes: Grilled Veggie Bowls with Cashew Ranch Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, and optionally paleo.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ¾ cup almost-boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons natural rice vinegar (like Nakano)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 8 ounces skinless chicken breast
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 organic bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 large pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons Cashew Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cashews, water, garlic, rice vinegar, salt, pepper, dill, and oregano for a few minutes, or until creamy. For best results, drizzle water in gradually as the machine is running.
- Stir in the chives. Leftover dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to seven days.
- Heat your grill to medium.
- Season the chicken breast, corn, asparagus, bell pepper and zucchini with olive oil, sea salt (about ½ teaspoon total) and pepper (about ¼ teaspoon total).
- Grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Meanwhile, grill the corn for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating after every pop, until golden. And grill the asparagus, bell pepper and zucchini for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until tender.
- Divide the chicken, corn, asparagus, bell pepper and zucchini evenly into two bowls. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the Cashew Ranch Dressing.
- Note: Bowl leftovers can be refrigerated for up to four days.
I was so intrigued by this recipe for grilled veggie bowls, then I saw you HAD to include chicken. WTH? How is chicken a veggie? 🙁
I didn’t name the recipe Celia, the author did! This is a shared recipe, so I did not change the name. They are veggie bowls because they do contain a lot of veggies I assume! You are more than welcome to swap in tofu or vegan chicken for the chicken or simply omit it if preferred 🙂
Pingback: Easy Grilled Steak and Pepper Fajitas Recipe
Pingback: 12 Gluten Free Lunches (That Aren't Sandwiches!) - My Gluten Free Miami
There is nothing better than grilled vegetables in the summer! This creamy sauce certainly makes them just that much better, yum!
The dressing sounds wonderful! I need to try this veggie bowl soon!
I’m sooooo excited, we finally just got a new grill for our new house!! I love tossing veggies on there and can’t wait to try this
Now that is a reason to celebrate!