Quick & Easy Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Author: Whole Foods Market
- 1 (12 oz.) bag fresh cranberries (about 4 cups)
- ¾ c. water
- ⅔ c. sugar or ⅓ c. agave nectar
- Juice and zest from one orange
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
- Bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add cranberries, orange juice and spices.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until cranberries burst and cook down into a sauce.
- Stir in orange zest and remove from heat.
- Serve warm or cool to room temperature and chill before serving. (The sauce will thicken up as it cools.)