This fresh Cranberry Apple Chutney is a great accompaniment to your holiday main dish, whether it’s turkey, pork, or a vegan roast. We even like it on fresh-baked buns. It’s made with fresh cranberries and apples, and infused with an abundance of flavorful ingredients.
This Fresh Cranberry Apple Chutney recipe with photo was shared with us by SpiceIslands.com.
Special Diet Notes: Cranberry Apple Chutney
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 large apples, cored and chopped
- 1½ cups sugar (can sub coconut sugar for less sweet)
- ⅔ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground Saigon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅔ cup dark corn syrup (can sub honey or light molasses)
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans (omit for nut free)
- Put the cranberries, water, apples, sugar, onion, raisins, ginger, garlic, salt, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large saucepan and stir to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the corn syrup, vinegar, and pecans and continue to cook, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Key Pantry Ingredients: Cranberry Apple Chutney