This amazing dairy-free almond milk panna cotta recipe was originally shared with us by Helene of Tartelette. She no longer blogs regularly, but still works as an amazing food photographer.
Helene wasn’t dairy-free when she created this recipe, but loved the light nuttiness that almond milk added to this classic Italian dessert. She said the taste and texture could fool the biggest dairy lover (including herself!).
Special Diet Notes: Almond Milk Panna Cotta
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, and optionally soy-free. For gelatin-free, enjoy this Vegan Panna Cotta Recipe.
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dairy-free almond milk beverage
- 1 cup dairy-free creamer (Helen uses Silk Soy Creamer or So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer, but you can use an almond milk creamer!)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup raspberries, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup red currants, plus additional for garnish
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl and pour the water over it. Let it sit and "bloom" while you begin the panna cotta.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, whisk together the almond milk, creamer, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Heat the gelatin in the microwave for 8 seconds and quickly stir it into the mixture in your saucepan.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and let the panna cotta mixture cool to lukewarm.
- Divide the mixture between for glasses and refrigerate them for at least 4 hours.
- In a food processor, puree the 1 cup raspberries and 1 cup red currants together.
- Divide the mixture atop the panna cottas, and garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
More Italian Inspired Dairy-Free Desserts