Special Diet Notes: Heavenly Fruit Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian
Heavenly Fruit Salad
Another fantastic recipe from the Levana Cooks newsletter. Levana Kirschenbaum is the author of the cookbook, Levana Cooks Dairy-Free!
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 2 bananas, ripe but not dark or mushy
- 1 gala or fuji apple
- 1 medium-ripe pear
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1 large wedge cantaloupe or honeydew
- 3 kiwis
- ½ pineapple
- Any other fruit you would like to substitute for the listed ones: Cherries, plums, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, etc… Whatever looks beautiful and is in season
- 2 cups juice: Orange, pineapple, cranberry, grapefruit, lychee, pomegranate, etc… What you like best in any combination you like
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup mint leaves, packed, minced
- ¼ cup crème de cassis or rum
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave
- ½ cup cranberries or raisins
- Cut up all the fruit in small dice (a little larger than ½ inch) and place in a bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and toss gently so as not to bruise the fruit.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Pingback: Life In A Dairy Free World & A Give Away » Suzy G Photography