This Indonesian-style warm bananas in cinnamon-coconut milk recipe hails from the “The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen” by Donna Klein. Donna Klein studied at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris. She is also the author of “The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen,” “The PDQ Vegetarian Cookbook” and “Vegan Italiano.”
Special Diet Notes: Indonesian-Style Warm Bananas in Cinnamon-Coconut Milk
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 4 large ripe yet firm bananas
- 1 ½ cups light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Peel the bananas and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk, sugar and cinnamon to a gentle boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the bananas and let mixture return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the bananas are tender but not mushy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, with an additional sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.