Talk about decadence! This Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie is a perfect sweet treat if you’re a fan of peanut butter cups. An extra chocolate-y crust is filled with a thick layer of smooth and creamy peanut butter whipped filling. It’s also simple to prepare, the hardest part is waiting for it to set!
Special Diet Notes: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 9-inch purchased chocolate crumb pie crust
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- 1 8-ounce container dairy-free cream cheese alternative (like Tofutti) or firm silken tofu
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup unrefined evaporated cane juice (such as Sucanat or Rapadura)
- 1 cup dairy-free creamer or milk beverage
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a small sauce pan over low heat melt the chocolate. Pour the melted chocolate into the pie crust. With a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly inside the crust. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar and creamer in a bowl, stir with a spoon to blend allowing the sugar to dissolve for 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in another bowl place the cream cheese, and peanut butter. Whip at top speed, scraping down the sides until creamy, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the electric mixer whip the creamer and sugar on high until frothy, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the xanthan gum and mix for a few seconds more or until dissolved. Pour the cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture and gently stir and fold to blend. Spoon the filling into the prepared pie crust and top with the shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.