This rockin’ raspberry vegan truffles recipe was provided by Enjoy Life Foods. These chocolates are a wonderfully yummy way to tell someone you love them, and are completely free of the top 8 allergens (including dairy/milk, wheat/gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and egg!)
Many people assume that chocolate contains dairy, but true chocolate shouldn’t have any milk ingredients added. You can read more about this in my FAQ: Is chocolate dairy free?
Fortunately, all Enjoy Life products are completely dairy-free, including their yummy chocolate chips and chunks.
Special Diet Notes: Rockin’ Raspberry Vegan Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 12 oz unsweetened frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- Bring raspberries and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place cooked mixture into a blender and blend one minute.
- Strain to remove seeds.
- Mix the raspberry puree, 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp shortening in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 (10 oz) bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
- Put truffle mixture in a bowl and cool to room temperature. Cover the mixture with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon or melon baller, scoop the mixture into balls and place on baking sheet.
- If needed, chill in refrigerator to refirm.
- To make the chocolate coating, combine 1 (10 oz) bag Enjoy Life chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable container.
- Cook 30 seconds, stir.
- Continue until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the truffles (one at a time) into the melted chocolate, tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess.
- Place on parchment lined sheet and allow to harden.
- Once hardened, indulge and enjoy. Don’t forget to share!