Special Diet Notes: Sesame Raisin Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅛ cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring ¾ cup of water to boil and add the raisins. When the water returns to a boil turn off the heat. Let the raisins plump for at least 10 minutes. Drain the raisins well, then chop them coarsely.
- Toast the sesame seeds by stirring them with a wooden spoon in a heavy saute pan over medium heat. Saute until the seeds begin to crackle, pop and smell toasted; about 10 minutes.
- Combine rice flour, oats, salt and toasted sesame seeds. Stir apple juice, oil and vanilla into the flour mixture.
- Form the dough into 8 large balls. Place each ball on greased cookie sheets or parchment paper. Moisten your fingers and flatten each ball until it is ½ inch thick.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on pans before removing.