S’mores might be a summer theme, but treats like this easy dairy-free s’mores dip are turning into timeless recipes, thanks to more family time at home. Plus, it’s made in your oven; no campfire required! Sarah and her kids whipped it up as a fun and tasty little project they could enjoy together.
S’mores Dip is an Easy, Dairy-Free Treat to Make Indoors
One positive thing I’ve observed the past few months is people enjoying their homes and yards. My neighbor told me he’s seen my family on our front porch more this year than ever before. It’s amazing how simple improvements (an inexpensive porch swing in our case) helped make this spring and summer more bearable.
During summer, two of my other neighbors built their own fire pits, and many s’mores creations have since been made and enjoyed. One new favorite dairy-free version is a marshmallow between two Oreos. But I was inspired to find a way to enjoy s’mores year round without a fire pit, or a fire. Enter Dairy-Free S’mores Dip.
There are many variations of S’mores Dip online. I wanted to make one that was dairy free and easy. Dirtying more than one pan seemed unnecessary, as did using a long list of ingredients. This three-ingredient dip (four if you count the graham crackers), is simple and delicious. Everyone in my family enjoyed it.
Kids Can Cook Easy Dairy-Free S’mores Dip
Kids can mix the ingredients and stir the chocolate on the stove. They can also break the graham crackers into small rectangles. Older kids and teens can make the entire recipe by themselves, but adults need to help younger children with the broiler. Make sure everyone uses caution with the hot skillet.
Special Diet Notes: S’mores Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, and optionally vegetarian. Be sure to choose your ingredients wisely for your special diet needs.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (full-fat, canned)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag large marshmallows (vegan, if needed)
- Graham crackers, for dipping (gluten-free and vegan, if needed)
- Preheat your broiler, and grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut milk in the skillet.
- Place the skillet over low heat, stirring frequently, just until the chocolate chips are melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the marshmallows on the top of the melted chocolate. You probably won't use an entire bag of marshmallows; it varies depending on the size and shape of the skillet.
- Place the pan under the broiler and broil until the tops of the marshmallows are brown, approximately 1 to 3 minutes. Watch the marshmallows carefully so they don't burn.
- Serve the dip immediately with graham cracker sections, taking care with the hot skillet.
- Any leftover dip can be covered with foil and reheated over low heat.