This veggie rich tandoori-style chickpeas dish hails from a 1998 issue of Vegetarian Times.
Special Diet Notes: Tandoori-Style Chickpeas
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced uncooked potatoes
- 1 tsp. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 16-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 16-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup water or tomato juice
- ½ of 10-oz. box frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, potatoes and ginger and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and cumin and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas; bring to a boil, stirring. Add water slowly and spinach.
- Place cauliflower on top of stew.
- Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender,. 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and cayenne.