Special Diet Notes: Zucchini Spinach Lasagne
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 recipe cashew pimiento cheese sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced, raw
- 16 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Cook noodles until just beginning to soften.
- Saute onion and pepper until tender.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, basil and oregano and simmer slowly for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Drain and rinse noodles.
- Alternate layers beginning with the tomato vegetable mixture, followed by noodles, spinach and cashew pimiento cheese sauce.
- Bake for 45 minutes.