These super speedy potato smashers can be on the table in 15 minutes or less for guests to enjoy from the appetizer table or as a celebration-worthy side. They’re also so simple that they meet most dietary needs, including vegan-, Whole30- and top food allergy-friendly.
This potato smashers recipe with photo was originally shared with us by PotatoGoodness.com, but has been adapted just a bit.
Special Diet Notes: Fiesta Potato Smashers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, top food allergy-friendly, and optionally Whole30 approved.
- 5 small yellow potatoes
- 5 small red potatoes or potato of your choice
- 1 pint sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow)
- Salt, to taste
- Chili powder, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 sprigs cilantro, picked from stems
- ¼ to ½ cup dairy-free sour cream alternative or guacamole (optional)
- Place the whole potatoes into a microwave-safe, covered dish. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the mini peppers into ¼-inch slices.
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray or add ½ tablespoon oil and heat to medium. Add the peppers and saute until they start to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Place the potatoes on a cutting board, and with a layer of paper towels covering each potato, smash each until 1¾-inch thick.
- Spray the saute pan again with cooking spray or add 1 tablespoon oil and heat on high. Add the smashed potatoes, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown. Season the potatoes with salt, chili powder, and pepper, to taste.
- Place the potatoes on a serving plate and top with the cooked peppers and cilantro. Serve with dairy-free sour cream or guacamole, if desired.
More Smashing Dairy-Free Potato Recipes
Baby Potato Wedges with Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce (vegan, gluten-free & soy-free)
Twice Baked Hummus Potatoes (vegan, gluten-free & optionally allergy-friendly)
Scalloped Potatoes (optionally vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Pingback: Savory Potato Pudding Recipe (Vegan, Kid-Friendly & Allergy-Friendly)
I could make a meal out of this for sure!! Love how easy it is too. I might just have to make this tonight! 🙂