Grapes are a late summer into fall delight that I love snacking fresh or frozen. But another way to enjoy grapes is to blend them with other fruits and vegetables to create smoothie bowls. Smoothie bowls work well as a snack or even a quick breakfast, and also provide a way for parents to introduce their kids (and picky spouses!) to new, healthier foods. This green grape smoothie bowl is fresh, flavorful and full of sweet grape taste for a quick fix that can leave bodies fueled and ready to take on the rest of the day. And since the grapes are green, it’s easy to convince even the green smoothie averse to grab a spoon!
Find more information and snack ideas at GrapesfromCalifornia.com.
Special Diet Notes: Green Grape Smoothie Bowl
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, paleo-friendly, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 cups green grapes, divided
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ avocado
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Pinch salt
- 1½ tablespoons toasted coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Slice 1 cup grapes in half.
- Put the remaining 1 cup grapes, bananas, spinach, milk beverage, avocado, ginger, and salt in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the smoothie mixture between two bowls. Top each serving with grape halves, coconut chips, and chia seeds.
Favorite Products for Blender to Bowl