These grilled teriyaki salmon skewers are an easy weeknight meal, but they’re also great for gatherings. When it’s too cold outside for grilling, you can broil these skewers in the oven or bake them at 400ºF until cooked through.
Special Diet Notes: Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Skewers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
- 1 pound skinless salmon filet
- ¼ cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 12 lemon wedges
- Slice salmon lengthwise into 12 long strips, and thread each onto a soaked wooden skewer. Place the salmon skewers in a shallow dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over skewers, turning to coat. Let the fish sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. When finished marinating, transfer the marinade to a small saucepan, and simmer it for several minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Thread 1 lemon wedge onto the end of each skewer.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill for 4 minutes per side, brushing often with the marinade, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.