Low in sugar and fat, this citrus shake contains simple ingredients for a lightly creamy treat that kids of all ages will love. You can further “pump-up” this citrus shake with your favorite dairy-free protein powder, if desired.
Special Diet Notes: Healthy Vegan Citrus Shake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup Florida orange juice
- ½ cup Florida grapefruit juice
- ½ cup plain or vanilla non-dairy milk alternative (rice, coconut, soy, etc., your choice)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, honey, or agave nectar (for vegan)
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups ice
- Sliced fruit, optional for garnish
- Pour the orange juice, grapefruit juice, milk alternative, sweetener, and vanilla into a blender with the ice.
- Pulse the blender to help break up the ice, then blend until smooth.
- Divide the shake between four glasses and garnish with sliced fruit.
Thank you so much for such wonderful recipes, I follow your website from Spain.I am lactose intolerant and I am happy to say that fortunately we have a great variety of alternative food to choose from. French toasts are great made with rice milk!