This refreshing orange lotus smoothie is full of fresh fruity flavor and is a perfect summer sip. And it has two “smoothie shop” options. You can use healthier dairy-free yogurt or more indulgent dairy-free ice cream.
This recipe was originally shared with us by Pacific Foods, but I wasn’t sure what made them come up with this name. I looked up lotus, and it is either large water lilies or “a legendary plant whose fruit induces a dreamy forgetfulness and an unwillingness to depart.” I’m guessing they were going with the “dreamy” fruit aspect, and I can agree with this. The blend of orange juice, strawberries, peaches and bananas creates a magically sweet fruit flavor.
But I do recommend fresh-squeezed orange juice if possible. It truly elevates the flavor! Orange juice has also been linked to bone health and can aid in calcium absorption. If you don’t have oranges on hand to squeeze, then use calcium-fortified orange juice for another bone boost. Most brands contain calcium citrate, which our bodies can absorb more easily than the calcium in milk!
Special Diet Notes: Orange Lotus Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1½ cups orange juice (fresh squeezed, if possible)
- ⅓ cup dairy-free yogurt or dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup dairy-free unsweetened, plain, or vanilla milk beverage
- ¼ cup strawberries, hulled and halved
- ¼ cup peaches, chopped
- ½ cup banana, chopped
- ½ cup ice
- Put the orange juice, yogurt or ice cream, milk beverage, strawberries, peaches, banana, and ice in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 cups to serve.