When this roasted cherry sauce recipe came my way, I couldn’t resist posting it. It would be an amazing topping for dairy-free ice cream, store-bought or homemade. I’m planning a sundae bar with this super-easy sauce and the Purely Vanilla Ice Cream, Chocolate Puddin’ Pop Ice Cream, and Hot Fudge Sauce from my guide and cookbook, the 2nd Edition of Go Dairy Free.
This roasted cherry sauce recipe with photo was shared with us by nwcherries.com.
Special Diet Notes: No Fuss Roasted Cherry Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
For paleo roasted cherry sauce, try substituting a paleo-friendly sweetener, like honey, for the sugar.
- 2 cups pitted Northwest sweet cherries
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons non-GMO cornstarch (can sub arrowroot starch, if desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Put the cherries, sugar, starch, salt, and black pepper (if using) on your prepared baking sheet and toss to combine.
- Roast until the cherries start to release juices and become soft, about 10 minutes.
- Stir and let cool before serving.
Key Pantry Supplies: Roasted Cherry Sauce