Bob’s Stick-To-Your-Ribs Split Pea Soup
- 1lb. (strong 2 cups) Split Peas (Green or Yellow)
- 1 Meaty Ham bone (optional)
- 1½ cups chopped Onion
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Marjoram
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup diced Celery
- 1 cup diced Carrots
- Sort and rinse split peas.
- Cover peas with 2 quarts cold water; add ham bone if desired, onion and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer very gently for 1½ hours.
- Remove bone, cut off meat and dice.
- Return meat to soup and add vegetables.
- Cook slowly 30-40 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.