Special Diet Notes: Potato and Corn Chowder
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 4 large unpeeled Russet potatoes, cut into1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon (chicken bouillon is okay for non-vegan)
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) cream style corn
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup plain dairy-free milk beverage, warmed to room temperature
- In a medium saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, water, bouillon, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in both cans of corn. Put two cups of the mixture into a blender and briefly puree. Do not overblend or potatoes will become gummy.
- Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan, stir in the dairy-free milk and heat thoroughly. Add additional salt and/or pepper to taste.