This spicy jambalaya pasta is a delicious twist on a popular Southern dish. I love that the vegetables, shrimp, and Andouille sausage are roasted for easy preparation and intense flavor. It’s all tossed with pasta, instead of rice, for a fun and flavorful meal any night of the week.
Special Diet Notes: Spicy Jambalaya Pasta
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free. Make it grain-free and paleo-friendly with your favorite paleo noodles, zoodles, or spaghetti squash.
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- ½ large green bell pepper, diced
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced or diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13.5-ounce) link Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning blend
- 8 to 12 ounces linguine noodles (gluten free, if needed)
- 1 to 2 lemons, sliced in thin wedges
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a 13x18-inch sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Put the onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and toss until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. Add the slices of Andouille sausage.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and start to brown.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and cook the linguine according to the package directions.
- Place the shrimp on the vegetable mixture, and top with half the lemon wedges.
- Roast for 5 to 8 minutes more, or until the shrimp is no longer pink.
- Toss the mixture with the cooked linguine, and garnish with the green onions and parsley. Serve the pasta with the remaining fresh lemon wedges on the side.