These turkey sausage breakfast patties are more tender, like meatballs, thanks to the soaked breadcrumbs. And unlike store-bought, you control the ingredients to ensure they are dairy-free, and allergy-friendly as needed. In the morning, we prefer homemade sausage like this. It tastes cleaner, and far less processed, than pre-made brands.
Special Diet Notes: Turkey Breakfast Sausage Patties
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and food allergy-friendly.
- ¼ cup dairy-free bread crumbs (gluten-free, if needed)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried sage, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces (3/4 pound) 90% lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and milk beverage and let soak for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, parsley, sage, fennel, thyme, oregano or marjoram, salt, and black pepper to the breadcrumb mixture, and stir to combine. Add the ground turkey and gently stir, working it with your hands if needed, until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties, each about 3½ inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and the juices run clear.