Do you remember a few months ago, when I shared an amazing Vegan Pad Thai Recipe from The PlantPure Kitchen? That fresh and vibrant plant-based meal made me look forward to Meatless Mondays! But Kim Campbell’s new cookbook is about more than amazing entrees. In fact, my favorite thing about it is all of the flavor-focused recipes, like this vegan blue cheese dressing alternative!
I love condiments. And The PlantPure Kitchen, has a whole chapter dedicated to Dressings and Sauces. It contains Caesar Dressing, Carrot Ginger Dressing, Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Hollandaise Sauce, plus so much more. And beyond that boisterous chapter, there are unique recipes for hummus, salsa, and other sauces throughout.
To give you a creamy sampling, Kim has graciously shared her Blue Cheez Dressing recipe with us. Just one drizzle and you’ll be back for more!
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or fresh parsley
- ¼ cup crumbled extra-firm tofu
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the green onion and crumbled tofu toppings.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.