This recipe for cream of cauliflower soup is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Lynn Caruso. For the creamy consistency, she uses dairy-free Coconut Milk Creamer from So Delicious.
Lynn says, “This recipe can be used with several vegetables. My other favorite is Butternut squash.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Cream of Cauliflower Soup
By ingredients, this curry-spiced recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and all around allergy-friendly.
- 1 head fresh Cauliflower
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Creamer
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (more if you like it spicier)
- Kosher salt and white pepper, to taste
- Cut cauliflower cut into small florets and steam until soft - approximately 10 minutes. Drain and return to cooking pot.
- Add the coconut creamer and using your immersion blender, blend until smooth adding nutmeg, curry, salt and pepper to taste. If the soup is not thin enough, add more creamer or water to thin.