This recipe for fruit tart pizza is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Michelle Hendrickson. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Creamer and Coconut Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Fruit Tart Pizza
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine (Michelle uses Earth Balance Sticks)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Creamer
- ¼ of a tub of dairy-free cream cheese alternative (Tofutti or Daiya for soy-free)
- ¼ of a container of So Delicious Dairy Free Cultured Coconut Milk / Yogurt (Michelle used strawberry)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Fruit toppings (Michelle used kiwi, strawberry, mandarin oranges, star fruit and a home canned blueberry pie filling.)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine. Add the regular sugar and beat on low until smooth. Add the flour and beat on low until smooth. Add in coconut creamer and continue to beat until smooth. Add in powdered sugar last, and beat until combined.
- Put the dough on a greased 9x12-inch cookie sheet with raised edges. Press dough out to shape crust.
- Cook at 300ºF for 20-34 minutes, or until you see slight browning and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let crust cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese alternative and powdered sugar on low. Add in the yogurt and beat until combined. Chill until its time to top the crust.
- Spread frosting on crust and decorate with fruit toppings. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 day.