This recipe for fruit tart pizza was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Michelle Hendrickson. This easy dessert pizza has a sweet crust, tangy dairy-free cream cheese “sauce,” and an array of fresh fruit toppings.
Special Diet Notes: Fruit Tart Pizza
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup dairy-free buttery sticks (like Earth Balance)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free creamer (like So Delicious Original Coconut Creamer)
- 2 ounces dairy-free cream cheese alternative (like Tofutti or Daiya, for soy-free)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free yogurt (like So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt - your choice of flavor)
- Fruit, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF and grease a 9x12-inch cookie sheet with raised edges or a 12-inch round pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the buttery sticks with a hand mixer. Add the regular sugar and beat on low until smooth. Add the flour and beat on low until smooth. Add in coconut creamer and continue to beat until smooth. Add in powdered sugar last, and beat on low until combined.
- Put the dough on your prepared baking sheet or pan and press the dough out to fit.
- Bake for 20 to 34 minutes, or until you see slight browning and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the crust cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese alternative and powdered sugar on low until combined. Add in the yogurt and beat until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the frosting until ti is time to top the crust.
- Spread the frosting on the crust and decorate with fruit toppings.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 1 day before serving.