This recipe for vegan key lime pie is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by the Sugar Bakers, CJ Leavens and Joey Conway. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Key Lime Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
This easy vegan key lime pie can easily be soy-free, if you select a dairy-free and soy-free cream cheese alternative, and gluten-free with a gluten-free and dairy-free pie crust.
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup fresh squeezed key lime juice (about 4 to 6 limes), plus zest for garnish
- ½ cup plain dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons non-GMO cornstarch
- Prepared vegan pie crust (they like to use a vegan graham cracker pie crust with this recipe)
- Dairy-free whipped topping
- Put the cream cheese alternative, key lime juice, milk beverage, starch, and vanilla in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Scrape the mixture into your prepared pie crust and let it cool. Refrigerate until set.
- Top with dairy-free whipped topping and sprinkle with key lime zest, to serve