Pumpkin two days in a row, but it is fall after all! We originally adapted this very popular pumpkin bread recipe from Allrecipes. It’s naturally vegan, and quite a treat. I’ve updated the post and included several new options in the recipe, so you can customize it to taste and dietary preferences. It’s a versatile dairy-free and egg-free quick bread that’s quite forgiving with modifications.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Popular Pumpkin Bread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (preferably dark brown)
- 1 cup extra-light olive oil or your favorite baking oil (see Lighter Option below)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ⅔ cup flaked coconut or dried cranberries (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Grease and flour two 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves (if using).
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, sugar, and coconut milk until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in the cranberries, coconuts, or nuts (if using).
- Scrape the batter into your prepared pans and level it out.
- Bake for 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Cover the loaves with foil and let them steam for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and carefully remove them to a cooling rack. Tent lightly with the foil and let them to cool completely.
- Store the loaves wrapped in plastic wrap to retain the most moisture.
Key Pantry Supplies: Vegan Popular Pumpkin Bread