We actually have quite a few dairy-free stuffing recipes posted. But this simple vegan stuffing recipe is a staple that can be “dressed-up” however you like. That’s why it starts in our Classic Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Menu. You can use French bread, whole grain bread, cornbread or sourdough. For a special touch, you can add dried cranberries or fresh herbs. Or you can just enjoy it as is for a beloved side dish.
Special Diet Notes: Basic Vegan Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally soy-free.
- Air-dry the bread pieces for at least two hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a casserole dish.
- Melt the buttery spread in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in the bread chunks until evenly coated with the buttery mixture. Add the broth and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Key Pantry Supplies: Basic Vegan Stuffing