I’ve previously sung the praises of Dear Coco’s amazing truffles, toffee chocolate bars, and more recently, their hot chocolate spoons, but why would such a fabulous chocolatier stop there? Dear Coco is expanding into other types of artisan dairy-free chocolates, including new Salts of the Earth Tiles.
Honestly, they couldn’t have picked a better person to
rave aboutreview these square slabs of artisan dairy-free chocolates. I love, love, love (did I say love?) salted chocolate! About a year ago it became my obsession to find the perfect salted dark chocolate. Some have come close, but Dear Coco may take the prize.
The collection includes 15 thick pieces – 5 of each flavor – in a beautiful, gift-worthy box. Though the varieties look similar, with smatterings of coarse salts on top, I was impressed by the full tasting experience:
- Black, Pacific Northwest Smoked Sea Salt – AMAZING depth of flavor. Sea salt bites that are more rich than sodium, each little speck to be savored as a standout on the chocolate.
- Grey, French Sel Gris de Guerande – Smooth, subtle, calm almost a cooling salt.
- White, Sicilian Trapani Sea Salt – A pure sodium punch, but nicely contrasting to what tastes more like semi-sweet chocolate with this salt.
- Pink, Himalayan Mountains Pink Salt – More sparsely distributed, but bigger chunks for intermittent bites of pure semi-sweet chocolate and crunchy chocolate enrobed salt – talk about a salty sneaker punch!
- Red, Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt – Unique, earthy, warming little salt crystals interspersed and adding notable flavor without being over the top.
Certifications: Dear Coco Artisan Dairy-Free Chocolates are Certified Kosher Pareve. They are also labeled as gluten-free and vegan, but we did not note those certifications.
Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Dear Coco Artisan Dairy-Free Chocolates are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. However, always read the label and check with the company on their manufacturing processes for all varieties if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. Also, processes and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company / product.
For More Product Information: Visit the Dear Coco website at www.dearcoco.com.