This raw spinach soup recipe was created by Kristen Suzanne, author of numerous raw food cookbooks, and blogger at Kristen’s Raw. The whole food blend gets a creamy finish from hemp seed oil. It can be enjoyed warm, but I recommend just gently heating it to preserve the nutritional benefits of the omega-rich oil.
This recipe for creamy raw spinach soup was shared with us by Manitoba Harvest.
Special Diet Notes: Creamy Raw Spinach Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a soy-free creamy raw spinach soup, choose a soy-free miso, such as a chickpea-based one.
- 3 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ to ½ cup cold-pressed hemp seed oil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons raw agave nectar or honey, to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash cayenne
- Dash Himalayan crystal saltor sea salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until creamy.
- Enjoy at room temperature, chill to enjoy cold, or gently heat for a warm soup.
- For extra pizzazz, serve this delicious soup garnished with sprouts.