This recipe for dairy-free coconut cupcakes was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Pam Correll. To qualify, the recipe included Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Coconut Cupcakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 standard sized muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, oil, vanilla, and vinegar. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Stir in coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full. Bake 15 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Depending on the temperature, you may have to soften the coconut oil. It should be soft, but not melted. Beat the coconut oil with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, vanilla, and coconut milk. Start out with 3 tablespoons of coconut milk, adding more to get a consistency that will hold shape.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.