- 2 medium onions
- 1¾lb young carrots [look for bunches with healthy, leafy green tops]
- 7½ cups gluten and wheat free vegetable stock [homemade or store-bought]
- 15 leaves dried nori (or other dried Japanese seaweed if you cannot get nori)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel and slice the onions roughly. Trim and scrape the carrot and cut in thick slices.
- Put both in a pan with the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 25–30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Purée in a food processor [or blender] then return to the pan or a bowl.
- With scissors cut the nori into very thin strips and stir into the soup while it is still warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then chill.
- Before serving, adjust seasoning again as it may need a little more when chilled.
70cals – 2.7g protein
1g total fat – 0.1g sat / 0g mono / 0g poly
13g carbohydrate of which 11g sugar
5g fibre – 208mg sodium / 0.5g salt