Maple Multi-Grain Granola
This multi-grain granola recipe was shared with us by Bob’s Red Mill
for the Grains of Discovery Event
that I am pleased to be taking part in.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Multi-Grain Granola
Packed with three different grains or pseudo-grains, nuts, seeds, fruit, and more, this “everything” granola is naturally dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For Gluten-Free: Use Certified Gluten-Free Oats for the oats, and substitute the barley flakes with more of the Certified Gluten-Free Oats.
For Egg-Free and Vegan: You can omit the egg white for a less clustered granola, or combine 1-1/2 tablespoons water with 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax for a mock egg white substitute.
For Tree Nut-Free: Substitute more seeds for the two nut varieties or use a variety of seeds and fruit.
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the amaranth, barley flakes, oats, pumpkin seeds, nuts, dried fruit, and brown sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla, oil, salt and ginger. Add to the amaranth mixture and stir to combine. In the same small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Pour into the granola and mix to combine.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Spread the granola out onto the baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until slightly golden. Do not stir during baking, rotate baking sheet if needed to ensure even baking.
- Let cool completely and then break granola up into clusters.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to seven days.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
If you liked this post, please share it …
Tagged gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian