Enjoy a wholesome snack using my favorite grain! This nutty popcorn is infused with ground nuts and seeds, plus a little dose of savory wheat germ (gluten-free option included) and dried fruit, for contrasting sweetness.
This nutty popcorn snack recipe with photo was shared with us by The Popcorn Board.
Special Diet Notes: Naturally Nutty Popcorn
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
For a nut-free popcorn snack, substitute ground seeds for the nuts. You may also opt to add more wheat germ in place of some of the nuts if you aren’t gluten-free.
- 2½ quarts popped popcorn (organic, if possible)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or dairy-free buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed kernels, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons walnuts or hazelnuts, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (or ground flaxseed for gluten-free)
- Fine sea salt, if desired.
- 1 6-ounce package (1⅔ cups) chopped dried fruits and raisins
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Drizzle on the melted coconut oil or buttery spread, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the ground seeds, nuts and wheat germ, toss to evenly coat. If desired, season with salt, to taste.
- Stir in the dried fruit.