Since So Delicious® Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Beverage is soy-free and free from the top allergens, I recommend using Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips to keep this vegan chocolate pudding recipe “everyone-friendly,” if needed. And don’t forget to top each serving with an extra sprinkling of those mini chocolate chips!
I know a few of you will ask, so to clarify, yes, you can use arrowroot or tapioca starch in place of the cornstarch to make this vegan chocolate pudding corn-free. You can even use your favorite sweetener in place of the sugar. Each will add its own unique flavor, but the end result should still be delicious.
For convenience, you can also get chocolate coconut milk in single serve packages. I like to buy unsweetened apple juice and specialty milk alternatives like this one in single serving sizes for recipes. It helps to avoid waste if I won’t be using the rest right away. Of course, you could always make a double batch of this vegan chocolate pudding to help polish off a quart of chocolate coconut milk in no time flat. Whichever size you choose, be sure to print this So Delicious Coupon
- 3 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups So Delicious® Dairy Free Chocolate Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk beverage, cocoa powder and chocolate chips, and cook (while whisking) until the chips have melted into the milk beverage.
- Once the chips have melted, pour in the dry ingredients and continue whisking until the pudding begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, and stir until the pudding thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and pour the pudding into individual serving cups.
- Serve warm or chilled. The pudding will thicken as it cools.