Quinoa Spinach Salad
This recipe was contributed by The Ruby Range. They make several gluten-free / casein-free baking mixes that use Organic Mesquite Flour as the primary ingredient.
“Mesquite Meal or Flour is ground from the pods of the mesquite tree and adds a slightly molasses, nutty flavor to cakes, cookies, and breading. Baked items made with mesquite have a lovely golden to rust color. Traditionally tortillas were made from mesquite. Nutritionally it is high in protein, calcium, potassium, and iron. Mesquite can actually help balance blood sugar. Begin experimenting with small amounts added to your favorite recopies.”
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 chopped tomatoes (Roma chop well)
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup soy feta
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Rinse and drain quinoa. In a small pan bring water to a boil and add quinoa. Reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, and onion.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Toss dressing with the salad. Arrange avocados on 4 plates. Divide the salad and place on top of avocados. Sprinkle with “feta” and serve.
Sunergia makes a soy-based feta “cheese,” but if you are unable to find it, try making your own!
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, vegetarian