J.D.’s Coleslaw (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free)
This one has circled the internet as a recipe from J.D. Parks, the owner of Barbecue & More in Richmond, KY.
- 5 to 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 Vidalia or red onion, thinly sliced
- Shredded carrots, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 11/4 to 11/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 to 11/2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
Place all the vegetables in a large 1- or 2-gallon plastic bag. Combine the remaining ingredients, and pour over the vegetables. Toss to make sure vegetables are coated. Let sit overnight in the refrigerator. Turn it a few times.