Tender graham cracker waffles topped with melty maple marshmallows and chocolate? Believe it … these s’mores waffles are for real, and they are truly dairy-free … nut-free, too! The recipe is a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Maria Joe Hema.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: S’mores Waffles
Confuse eggs with dairy? You’re not alone! See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?
- 1½ cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 heaped cup mini marshmallows, plus additional for serving
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips, for serving
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup finely ground dairy-free graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1¼ cup So Delicious Unsweetened Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1¾ cup So Delicious Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- Add the milk beverage, marshmallows, and maple syrup to a medium non-stick saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacture's instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, graham cracker crumbs, cocoa powder , baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk beverage, cultured coconut milk (dairy-free yogurt), coconut oil, and eggs. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ½ cup batter into each waffle grid (depending on the size of your waffle iron). Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the waffles onto a serving plate and repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve waffles hot and topped with marshmallow maple syrup, additional mini marshmallows and dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips.