This recipe for breakfast chocolate pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Victoria Richard. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Victoria says, “Be creative and explore different flavors by adding different fruits or a tablespoon of peanut butter into the mix. You can also replace almond milk with the So Delicious coconut milk for nut-free breakfast chocolate pudding.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Breakfast Chocolate Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. For strict vegan, be sure to use the maple syrup option. For tree nut-free breakfast chocolate pudding, use Victoria’s suggestion to substitute coconut milk beverage for the almond milk, and omit the almond slivers.
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey (adjust according to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 strawberries, divided
- Almond slivers
- Mix the almond milk, seeds, cocoa powder, syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Cover the bowl and put in the fridge overnight.
- Blend the ingredients on high with 7 strawberries.
- Pour into a bowl or glass and garnish with the last strawberry and almond slivers.