This curry mini meatball recipe is an “appetizer” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Nancy Diana. She uses a double dose of Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: http://www.godairyfree.org/news/so-delicious-dairy-free-3-course-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Curry Mini Meatball Pops
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and tree nut-free.
For gluten-free and dairy-free curry mini meatball pops, crumb your favorite gluten-free / dairy-free bread (when stale, or toast first) or buy a pre-packaged variety of crumbs.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup zucchini grated on large holes of box grater
- ⅓ cup seasoned bread crumbs (see post above for gluten-free option)
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika + extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Wooden skewers for dipping
- 1 or 2 tablespoons panang paste (found in the Asian section of the grocery store) this is quite spicy so you choose how hot you want it
- 325mL So Delicious Original Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch paprika
- Parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. If it is too moist, dip your hands into extra bread crumbs, then roll the mixture into tiny balls.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a mound and roll between two hands into 2" meatballs. Place on a silpat/parchment paper covered baking sheet 1" apart.
- Sprinkle paprika over the balls for added colour.
- Bake for 40-45min in a 350ºF oven, until golden and cooked through.
- The meat can be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days ahead and then cooked.
- They can also be frozen uncooked and baked or baked, cooled and individually frozen, then rewarmed in the oven.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and pour into a decorative bowl.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.