Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Soy-Free)
- 2.5 lbs (approximately) sweet potatoes / yams
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil (or whatever oil you like ot use for baking)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I quickly powder them in the spice grinder to keep from having pockets of spice; feel free to double the amount if you want them a bit on the spicy side)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch chunks. I chop off and discard the ends, but do not peel them (after giving them a good rinse of course!).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the oil into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish, or similar size baking pan.
- Toss in the sweet potatoes, and sprinkle them with the thyme, salt, red pepper, and garlic.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over top, and stir the potatoes until they are well coated with the oil and spices.
- Bake the potatoes for 35 to 45 minutes, depending on your desired tenderness.
- Be sure to check in every 15 minutes and give them a good stir to ensure they cook evenly.
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, food allergy-friendly, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, paleo, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian